Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Upcycled t-shirt dresses

So, there are several hundred things I am supposed to be doing, but instead I am here, posting pictures of a few of the things I have made with my rescued sewing machine. As I mentioned before I got a bit carried away with a bunch of thrift store t-shirts.

The first one I made is still my favourite, but I don't have any pictures of it, and it is currently in the wash, so you'll just have to use your imagination. They are all a variation on a theme though, so here are a few of the others, not particularly well-photographed but I promise I shall work on that.

This one makes her look like a pink Charlie Brown.

Here it is in action.

I love this one, particularly the ruffle on the bottom. My friend sent me this video clip when he saw it, and I now can't not think of that when Ruby wears it. I may have to teach her the song.

This one is from a t-shirt given to me by a friend with a bar in the east village. Marginally more effort went into this one, as I went to the trouble of removing the sleeves before cutting it all up and then refashioning them into little puff sleeves, rather than just cutting the bodice and sleeves in one piece as I have with the others. It gives it a different look, a bit more polished, but to be honest I like both versions.

Tutorial coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment