Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Great Unveiling of the Grand Transformation

I have been threatening to do this for such a long time, and procrastinating so effectively, that I had honestly almost given up on it myself. I made flags for bunting, oh, three hundred years ago, and never sewed them together. I made a roman blind in the similarly distant past, and never hung it. But finally, with (almost) all the bits and pieces in situ, the Great Unveiling of the Grand Transformation can, at long last, take place.

Here, good people, is your before shot:


Not so awful, but just too girly for me, and it all just felt old and cluttered. It felt very much like a baby's bedroom, and my baby is very much a Big Girl now.

So, goodbye to over-saturation of pink and hello to clean lines and bright colours.

Goodbye to chaos and clutter, and hello to a well-stocked bookshelf and a sense of space.


Goodbye to poorly fitting blackout blinds and feeling like a long, narrow railway carriage, and hello to daylight in the day time, darkness in the night time, and a whole lot of feng shui.


The only thing missing is a shade for the ceiling light, which I am going to make out of the same fabric as the bedclothes when I next venture near an Ikea.

We're both pretty pleased with it. Here's to many happy nights' sleep.

Oh, and I'm going to tidy up the old bunting (which is not really 'old', just needs repressing and possibly topstitching because I was too lazy to do it the first time round!) and give it away on the blog, so watch this space.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and hurrah for bright colours! What a lucky little girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!!! I was going to nudge you about this soon. Looks great even when viewed on the iPod- will have a proper look tomorrow... Did you make it to the quilt exhibition in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog, black out blinds helps to prevent from the morning sunlight and its a perfect selection for both residential and commercial purpose.

    For more info:
    http://www.247blinds.co.uk/blackout_blinds.asp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id children places you can go for wooden blinds because Wooden blinds could not make cause.
    Get the More styles of wooden blinds: http://www.blinds-depot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete