Saturday, March 12, 2011

Proof of Life

It's okay, don't panic. I'm sure you've all been imagining the worst. Kidnap, pirates, antisocial behaviour orders requiring me to wear a tag and refrain from bloggery, or one of any number of other highly plausible scenarios.

Rather than taking a picture of myself holding today's Evening Standard in order to prove I am alive and well, I thought it might be more interesting to post some pictures of things wot I have made since I last checked in. Forgive the crappy photography. It's late and I can't be arsed to fiddle about with saturation and exposure. For the avoidance of doubt, my wall is not actually pink.

First up is an owlicious smocky top for the small girl, from an Oliver + S pattern. I don't often work from proper patterns, but this one took my fancy due to its lovely simple style and great potential for variation.


This bag is from Rae's brilliant Buttercup Bag tutorial, my favourite thing about it being that it only uses one fat quarter for the outside and one for the inside.


I made another version, slightly bigger, based on the same design, with a super-camp gold lamé lining (despite much camera wrangling, it became apparent that lamé sadly does not photograph at all well... just use your imagination, okay?)


These little trousies are for a certain little imminent godbump of mine, and make me wish that I could shrink my great big overgrown nearly-four-year-old down to brand new size again just so I can smooch her. Temporarily, mind. Chronic sleep deprivation is not on my wish-list for this year.


This one here is a sneaky preview of the godbump's main welcome gift. I could show you the whole thing, but I'm rather proud of it and I might save it up to give it a grand reveal all of its own, possibly involving a photoshoot with a smoochable newborn.


And last but not least, one of a batch of dresses to sell at some point when I am not up to my eyeballs in work. Love the cowboys. So much in fact that I kind of wish I had a cowboy dress. I did try to persuade Ruby that cowboy wallpaper was a good move for her new bedroom, but she wasn't buying it.


So there you have it. Rumours of my death may or may not have been greatly exaggerated, quite possibly by none other than yours truly, but I am officially still here, still making stuff. Catch you later. x

3 comments:

  1. oooooh, a quilt?! looking forward to the reveal. they are a bit addictive mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stuff as usual!

    ReplyDelete